Friday, October 06, 2006

whine

I bloody hate that health centre. Oppressive dirty unfriendly place.
Spring arrived at 7pm last night looking like death warmed up and went immediately to bed. I slept on the sofa... It's horrible sharing a bed if your ill.
This morning I had to have bloods done... Again. My appointment was 8.45. I duly arrive. Wait 5 minutes even to book in at the reception. Then 1/2 hour to be seen. I needed my blood pressure done too. How long does a BP take? 20 seconds? They refused to do it as they were 'busy'. So I'm expected to make yet another appointment and go sit there and wait again in that disgusting room? They can go fuck off. I know my BP is fine. I check it at home and work. How ridiculous. Where's the looking after the patient and going that extra bit to make people feel welcome and happy.
I still have no results of the last 2 blood tests either.
I got out of the place. There were people stood outside in the pouring rain smoking and spitting... Yes spitting.
If only I never had to go there again... How wonderful. North Wales seems so inviting. Little country doctors. I lived in Knowle for a year. It's really rough there, full of young families etc. But the health centre is miles above that shambles down there.
Why do people put up with it?

1 comment:

clarrie said...

It's not where the doctor is, it's the kind of doctor they are. My best mate C lives in nice suburb and has sh*t medical centre with rubbish GPs while I live in t'inner city and have the best GP in the world (official), admittedly she is also one of the scariest GPs in the world too but at least that means her staff get their acts together