Wednesday, October 04, 2006

get a devilish goat


Well, what to do about all of this? I had the most nasty attack last night. But today I've come to the point where either I have to do something about it or shut up. I guess I will have to see a consultant at some point. Crap.
You lose control when you go to these hospitals. They take over. I can't stand it. Hmmm and I'm a nurse? lol.
I've spent the day doing a Myspace for the S&D railway.Yep, unbelievably me. Spring wants to appeal to a younger range of people. It's easy to see the railway full of the over 60's. Pottering around. Painting trains with Prussian blue paint because they 'like' that colour (not because it has anything to do with the train)
Bringing in old books and bric a brac to the shop. We had a carrier bag full of readers digest condensed books (absolute crap) and a bread bin full of old crockery last week.
But in order to survive the place needs new blood. Youngsters with enthusiasm and get up and go.
I have always predicted the demise of churches because of it's inability to communicate with the young. But people say I'm wrong. Churches will always survive (unfortunately) they always have done. It was hard to see St Cuthberts surviving though with it's mean age of 93 and it's victorian views. Collette is still pissed that they asked us to remove the Halloween display last year. Display? Well a few nice shots of the Sweet little rainbow guides. Aged 5 or 6 with cat costumes or a colourful witchy outfits having fun.
So we had to take the pictures down, shamefaced. Right. Hope NONE of those children ever attend church.
I was going to do a Harvest display but seeing my aim was to be quite pagan, I think Coll was probably right in telling me not to bother.

No comments: