Wednesday, August 16, 2006

the world is a circle without a beginning.........

"I find it hard to tell you
'cause I find it hard to take
When people run in circles
It's a very very
Mad world
Mad world
Mad world
Mad world"

Tears For Fears (sept 1982)


I have had a complete nightmare of a day with this financial business. I guess at one point I thought, well ok, I shouldn't be bankrupt. You have to expect some flack. The main problem was the evil Welcome Finance with their demanding phone calls and persistence. Today's call and letter was about the car I had from them 6 years ago that was scrapped. I apparently didn't inform them of the cars condition and so they were going to prosecute me for some reason.
Being fragile anyways I completely lost it and ended up on the phone to Bristol Debt Advice again (the best people in the whole world) they said Welcome Finance were trying it on. They were nasty gits who were like a dog with a bone and awful to get rid of. Bankruptcy was the best and often the only option.
Then there was a letter from the council advising of bailiff intervention in 14 days because of a 83 quid debt I owed from a house three houses ago and about 5 years ago.
I wasn't aware I owed any money on this house, anyways tough luck now. I'm bankrupt, even if I wanted to make an offer to pay I wouldn't be allowed.
And there was other mess, but I guess the day has ended and I'm still sane (just) and everyday will get easier.
The kids father just rang me.
"Hello, I just called to tell you that I rang Abby last night and told her to pull herself together and get herself a job. How can she do stuff like go out drinking with her mates if she hasn't got her own money?"
What a sensible father he is. Job= drinking with mates.
Me and the girls have decided that (if) when he pays the child maintenance again we'll have it paid into their accounts from now on. I told him. He said "So you don't need MY money any more then?"
Sigh. Remind me again.... Why did I marry that cretin?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You didn't marry him. It was a bad dream and you're getting flashbacks. The girls are actually angels sent to look after you and as you're such a lovely person it's been decided that Welcome Finance are going to smited... not because they're nasty (though they are) but because we thought it'd make you smile.
*hugs*
"I can see clearly now the the rain has gone...."
So what's that mean it's going to be for you from now on?
X