Thursday, August 24, 2006

off on me hols

where's the nearest train station, Batman?
Today was ok. I was really happy for Abby. She did far better than we'd expected and one grade C more and she'd have been eligible to take A levels. She'd been so nervous. Spring said that the school's policy of not actually expecting them to achieve much was to blame.
Anyways she has more than enough for her chosen course.
Some of her 'friends' were celebrating tonight together. I hope she makes some really good friends at college. People who'll make her laugh and she can hang out with.
The official receiver interview was fine and I think that's it. Relief all round. New start. I paid all my bills first this month. I don't owe anything. Good feeling... Still tinged with guilt but it will pass.
Now on to our annual family holiday (lol) Bank Holiday weekend in Pontins. Chav central. But I've been looking forward to this. The time when the bankruptcy would be over, Abby's results in and sorted. We booked it because I just felt I hadn't done anything with the girls. I know Pontins isn't glam but it's fun... And we want fun.
And guess what? This weekend Showaddywaddy are playing.
"Lets go for a little walk... Under the moon of Love"
Now to me this is the better of the options. Previous weekends have had 'The Celine Dion Tribute Band'. 'The Cheeky Girls' or 'Michelle Gayle'
I expect Spring is at home packing his 70's rock and roll costume as we read this.
Purple velvet with huge bell bottoms. Class.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Fantastic post.
Many smiles all round.
Good for Abby, good for you.
*hugs*

Jude said...

I like Pontins I do.

Donna said...

They must be doing the rounds ... we had The Cheeky Girls at Butlins!

Hope you have a fab time at Pontins ... I'm sure you will xx