Sunday, August 20, 2006

bristol rubbish

We went to my Mother's for tea today.. A kind of birthday thing. Me the girls Spring the smelly thing to keep in the kitchen... nice!and small Spring. My mother got the old photos out. Spring was hoping to find something incriminating as I'd found some really glorious pictures of him as a kid. One age about 2 with the jauntiest bobble hat just tipped to the right and one aged about 16 with a horrendous hand knitted brown and yellow tank top (don't worry one of these days I shall post them)
and the big one for the kids to tip out!The subject got onto the bins. Bristol has been having wide spread trouble with our refuse collection. We have this new system... I don't get it. My sister said that's all anyone talks about in work... The bloody bins.
We've all got new brown bins for old food. Any old food. The bin gets emptied every two weeks along with our wheelie bin and recycle bin for cans etc. Now the guys on this estate aren't known for their degrees in ecology. Plus, the kids are bored. They've been tipping the food bins out, leaving them open so the flies and maggots are having the biggest block party ever.
I had no instructions with this bin. My mother says you're meant to line it with newspaper. I don't buy newspapers and if they think I'm going to start to line the fucking brown bin... They are joking.
The bin men are the surliest and most miserable bunch ever. Give you a mouthful of abuse soon as look at you. Last week they 'forgot' to empty our bins. 5 times I called the council. 5 times they told me a load of total crap about them coming to empty them... To no avail. The 5th time this girl called Sinitta said they'd come on the normal day Friday but take side rubbish as well. I was appeased. Friday came and Pizza!!I watched as the bin men came and picked up the side rubbish and threw it down the street in disgust. I went straight out and had a row. I won in the end. They took all the rubbish, but I was stressed and frustrated.
I have a ton of pizza boxes from my birthday outside. I'm going to collect the lot and dump them outside the council building later.
Fuckers.
We all know it ends up in China anyways. Recycle? Don't make me laugh. I may not stop.

No comments: