Saturday, July 24, 2004

Thunderbirds are Cool

I just got back from the cinema. Took the girls to see Thunderbirds and it was a BIG hit with them. I enjoyed it. It passed 90 minutes. The Craft were very good. The set and Tracey Island exactly as I would have made them having been an avid watcher of the puppet show.
The Hood...Yes he was similar to the original and had a kind of menacing circus feel to him. But he irritated me as did Brains. Brains was short and v v intelligent with no sense of humour at all. This one was a buffoon with a son? Who shagged Brains then?
Lady Penelope was excellent, as was Parker. Perfectly cast. Her pink craft made a perfect pink splash of colour across the screen and I loved her wardrobe.
The film was far too centred on the kids, the teen feelings, teen hormones awakening YAWN. Not nearly enough Craft action or input from the Thunderbird team of Scott, Virgil, Gordon and John. A sequel is sure to happen and this time ditch the stupid spy storyline and get into some REAL rescues and Thunderbird craft scenes.
Before the film started we saw some cool trailers. I really fancy HellBoy which looks pretty action packed and the Chronicles of Riddick looked interesting, sci-fi...My scene.
they showed some Pixar animation clip of a  new film about Sharks? It had a pretty fab soundtrack. Pixar really do have it in the bag. They are the main man.
As we got home I caught some little bastards out the front chasing my cat. So gave them a big piece of my mind. Vile little boys. Need detention centres for annoying, rude and unclean little boys who play outside my front.
And on that positive note.....
xxx

No comments: