Monday, July 19, 2004

Sunday Sings

The day of the Busted Concert! They were up at the crack of dawn but I crawled out of bed at 11am much to their disgust. Danika decided she didn't much like Busted anyways (that changed after the gig).
It seemed to take us ages to get there, ages to even get out of Bristol. There was a music festival on so I guess traffic was heavy.
We got there, we parked we walked 20 minutes to the concert area. Then we sat for three hours and waited.
Had a little walk round the stores.....Crap stores. Three busted merchandise ones. All selling inferior quality and highly overpriced shit. £20 for a tee-shirt that just said 'Busted' and a tenner for a scarf with a picture of them looking like dickheads. Of course the kids wailed and the parents got out their wallets. Not me though!
The food was all greasy overpriced rubbish food. £3 for a hot dog. But you were captive being unable to bring much in. The worse thing was £1.50 for a small bottle of cheap water. I queued by this mother with an annoying boy. He had one of those whistles they always sell. He blew it constantly as his mother was ordering and she said NOTHING. I wanted to strangle the little shit.
The guy on stage was a hugely fat unenigmatic idiot who spent three hours telling us running wasn't cool and buy sun cream from some stall over the other side. It was mostly cloudy.
Oh, on the way in we had our bags searched..... For aerosols? wtf? umbrellas and
? bombs I guess. I had a tiny pink bag but he insisted on looking. I told the young guy he might find a few sanitary towels at the bottom. He blushed and Abby told me off. WELL that's what you get for searching my bag. Bloody cheek.
Then came the usual warm up the crowd to a pitch of hysteria. Much screaming and whistle blowing ensued. We were told westlife and Will Young were coming soon. A luke warm mass ohhh came from the crowd.
Then oh joy. The party commenced. I can't be arsed to tell you about them. They all sounded the same and there was much screaming.
Before the end I walked back to the car. The grounds of Powderham Castle are beautiful. Typical Devon countryside with horses and deer. Pretty bridges and well kept lawns. It was peaceful when the wind blew the gig noise the other way. I walked through the Earl of Devons courtyard and up to the car. On the way I passed the VIP car park. 2/3 empty. Hmm I wondered. Maybe I should move the car. A plan formed. The mass carpark was empty of the yellow jacketed security that abruptly ordered us to park. It took me a while to get the car out of the pen we were enclosed in...then I was meant to turn left but turned right with a few three point turns. And drove confidently down the road, through the courtyard and down to the car park. Yessss. This meant that when it ended we didn't queue to get out...just popped out the vip entrance and hey presto home to Bristol.
The girls loved Busted. Danz didn't see much. Danika was pissed because boys and men kept looking at her see-through top. Abby just loved it all.
You know what? Since I got ill I haven't loved driving like I used to. But I really liked driving home. Completely in control, motorway lane driving. Took about an hour. A steady 80 - 85. Not bad. Oh we did have a slight hic-cup when I tried to take the M5 south and we wanted north? Still can't work that one out but a nifty swerved over three lanes of traffic solved it tout suite!
And its over...Thank god. And later I got to talk to my mate (6000 miles away). End to a good day Me thinks .
xxx
 
 

2 comments:

Luck-Doo said...

Was this a concert? Who's Busted, do they have a website?

Trinity said...

concert for teeny pop fans. I like ROCK! They sing Thunderbirds are go http://www.busted.com/