Tuesday, November 28, 2006

handfasting



Trinity would like to warmly announce that she's getting engaged....

Heck! Yes this week Spring asked me to marry him. Now as Spring's boy Wulf quite rightly pointed out "You don't believe in marriage" My views have always been that you don't need that bit of paper to be with someone, love someone and make a successful life together. But our lives are complex and it will take something momentous to make us sit up and take the plunge to start the rest of our lives as a couple.

Truth is I love him. He's very special to me. He's clever and kind. He has the best sense of humour. He's creative and caring. This recent illness spell has made me realise just how much he means to me. I miss him when he's not here. It's like something is missing from my life.

So, what did the girls say? Abby was incredulous and told him he isn't moving in here. Wulf said I wasn't marrying his father under any circumstances. Danz wants to change her surname to his and can't wait. She's so excited she could burst. She wants a dad.

Guess what? HER father rang this morning at 7.30am. He doesn't know what to get them for Christmas (hardly surprising as he doesn't know them any more) So he's putting a cheque in a card for them. He'll chuck it through the letter box on Christmas Eve on his way to his 2 week holiday with his GF and her kids. Nice one.

It's been a hard 6 years. I've had so many periods of being so low. Feeling unloveable. Being so alone. Trying to find something but not sure what I wanted. I made so many friends on the way. People that I wouldn't be here now if they hadn't helped me along. And now I just feel really happy and content like this is right.

We got a ring today. I can't have it till Christmas. It's white gold and pretty. Special... Like my Spring.

xXx

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congratulations. Fantastic news.
You'll get the doubters and the doom-sayers, ignore them. You know this is right, what else is there to know?
I understand your hesitance in stepping through the hoop again but that's the point... "again". You aren't blinded, bedazzled, stunned or frozen with expectation, romance and dreams. This is full blooded, eyes open commitment that is for the two of you rather than for your audience.
Marriage is insignifacant... the union is not. Neither of you require marriage, that is why it is of such value.
Bless the pair of you. :-)
(Is that the real design of the ring? Great choice. The triquetra isn't it?)
*mega hugs*

Jude said...

aww dancing together at the fireworks party...

congrats both of you

Anonymous said...

Yay! Congrats flaps. In celebration I might stop making anonymous nasty comments about your horrible kitten for a whole week.

Anonymous said...

just thought i'd say hello. i'm an ex-hartcliffe boy who now lives in beautiful downtown stratford upon avon. i returned home the other week to st andrews for my dear old mum's funeral and saw what was happening to symes ave. isn't this about the third/fourth attempt to make something of the place that i remember opening when i was a kid?
anyway nice to read your blog.

Spaceminx said...

Awwwwwwww! Congrats Trin, that's such wonderful news. So is it going to be a pagan handfasting or civil ceremony or both?

*huge hugs to you both*