Monday, November 06, 2006

foggy jams


The one thing I hate about going to work is that awful drive every morning. It's only about 9 miles (probably less) and takes 20 minutes on a Sunday morning.
This morning Bristol was covered in dense fog. I guess this had a knock on effect with cars going slower. I left at 08.15. It took me 1/2 our to get out of Hartcliffe. I got in work at 09.45. 90 minutes of crawling driving. Sometimes I wonder why I bother. Bristol was stuffed with traffic. The motorway was blocked both sides with an accident. There were several small accidents all over that caused traffic chaos. One man called into GWR moaning about the motorway flashing signs. He said he wanted to thank the highways for the smart new signs that were flashing 'FOG ON ROAD' at the drivers as they crawled into the city surrounded by thick fog... "Do they think I'm bloody stupid!" he yelled.
I got to work to find not one parking space. Arrive after 9.30 at your peril.
Work was confusing but I think it was my head nothing else. Asked a child to do me a wee specimen... Handed him the pot and turned round to find him weeing in the corner. I felt so awful... I never told him to use the bathroom. Just expected him to know that (he wasn't young either). Poor love.
I was told to be 'nicer' to the doctors... Why? What's the point? If your nice to them they've won. So I told one he had rather nice hair today and got told I was being sarcastic... Mutter mutter.
Well I'm home now. I got me pyjamas on and I'm not going out for anyone.
Please let the traffic be kinder tomorrow.......

No comments: