Monday, November 06, 2006

gunpowder and treason in Hartcliffe

We've had such a hectic busy but fun weekend.... I'm bloody exhausted. I was taking to Spring last night about years ago when my ex husband left me ill and penniless and off sick from work, I remember being so lonely and bored. Well life is certainly full enough now. Saturday night we had a firework party here. Spring had a firework party every year at his house for his ex family. Well this year WE are his family. So we had this do here with fireworks and food and a disco and the neighbours came and Collette and Abby and Danz's mates. It was a good time albeit hectic for me and him trying to do everything. But we had fun and the kids loved it.. All three of them.
Small Spring thought Abby's mates were well cool. Hmph... Dan cool??
Dan told everyone me and Spring were 'making out' in the kitchen. This is a fabrication. I was merely helping him load his decks. I had my new jeans on which need a belt and kept falling down... Oh and Dan AND Paul are game for the next nudist colony visit. Phew what a hectic night.
Spring got the fab Brassey and DJ Trin tee-shirt covered in chocolate fountain and it won't wash out... anyone got any top washing tips?

Getting ready for the guests and Bailey wants to help make the punch. Every time I kicked her off she got back up. She is so fat and heavy. She won't get cold this winter.

Abby and Amy drinking their way through the contents of the drinks table. Amy has this really cute boyfriend. Poor love putting up with Amz.... ;)

November 5th the sky over the estate full of setting sun and cold air and bonfires being lit. A very pretty red and pink.

Some of my neighbours with their bonfire and England flag. I don't think they realise England was actually knocked out of the world cup.

My attempt at firework photography. The sky was full of them and it was so bloody noisy. The cats were scared... Well all except Heidi who sat in Danz bedroom window watching the sky. I don't think that feisty little cat will be scared of anything.

The green at the bottom of the road and people had gathered around a bonfire and were lighting small fireworks. I do like November 5th. It has this air of expectation and excitement... Maybe it's the 'will we get hit by a firework tonight or not'? They are bloody dangerous. Spring went to a display yesterday and got hit in the chest. Wonder if his copious chest hair is singed?

The bottom of my road last night. The air was rife with fireworks and smoke and the sky a weird orange colour. Hmm no police cars there tonight.... unusual.

Yesterday afternoon we had a Nov 5th special in the catering coach at the Railway. As the new catering manager I did food for all those big, dirty, sweaty men (there is some benefit to working there) Here's my home made apple pie... Note the Train decor sur la pie. Am I not very clever?
Every single piece went. Soon they will all love me as the way to a man's heart is through his stomach or groin artery (medical talk there)

No comments: