Wednesday, November 08, 2006

recipe madness


The new Co-op booklet for loyal customers arrived today. How thrilled was I when it dropped through the letter box and like any excellent barefoot in the kitchen Mother I flicked through the pages to find the RECIPES. I found this delicious looking trifle. Now trifle is trifle but I was interested to see what kind of different angle the Co-Op had placed on it's recipe.
Did it have home made sponge? Or some new jam base? Or creme anglaise instead of dull custard?
No.
The recipe asked for Swiss Roll sliced up. Jelly Cubes and ......Wait for it... Ready made custard. FFS.
I'd rather buy a packet of Birds... Least you make your own custard.

We went round to the local Co-op today. They've taken the windows out of the flats above the shops. I'll get some pictures. It looked really spooky and sad.
I'll be glad when the co-op goes though... Besides its recipes. The average age of the sales assistants is 106 and slow.... So slow. People have been known to die in that queue. But they would queue all night. Why? Fags, vodka and Paypal. Essential council estate service.
I actually think people deserve good service whoever and whomever they are.

No comments: