Tuesday, September 26, 2006

pioneer tuesday


I got yet more bloods done today. Bottles of the stuff. Wonder I got much left... ;)
I'm much better though. I'm sure they're back to normal.
Had a good day. Went to the CD store Fopp with Spring and got some Cd's for our Disco. Then we went out to lunch... But I didn't eat a lot. No big deal though. It was good to get out.
This is Spring with his kitten. The very crazy, naughty and Brave Miss Heidi.

Tonight I went to Symes Avenue at about 7pm. It was so quiet. The place is so barren and neglected. It's hard for me to think of the place when I was a kid. Thriving. Every shop full and busy. There was a Woolworths there, a Barclays bank and a Martins Bank (remember that one?) 2 butchers, 3 newsagents.
This post office used to be a dentist. It smells so badly in there of sweat and urine and cigarette odour. I think it's the concrete building that holds smells in.

They seem to have finally started work on the new Morrisons at the bottom. The diggers are in anyways. It's kind of sad, the area will be so different.

They are going to need such a huge security guard brigade there though. This area is renown for shoplifting. People see stuff they want, see stuff other people have. Want it, haven't the money so take it. Last Christmas B&Q had so much stuff nicked over at the Imperial park. Mind they did put boxes of stacked up DVD's right by the door.
The local co-op. One door slightly open. 2 Guards at the door. You often go round there and they've closed early because someone threatened the staff or they had a mass raid.
Do I still feel sad it's going?

(ah it seems my childhood memory is confused. There were 2 banks... can't remember the other one but it seems Martins Bank was the name before they changed it to Barclays. Interesting).

No comments: