Thursday, September 28, 2006

I'm better.... send cake.

The health Centre was really full of odd balls this morning. A sick looking child who was grunting and moaning who I'd have been giving oxygen to, with loud shouty parents got a light?who kept threatening to 'tan her ass' if she didn't shut up moaning. I think they'd been up with her all night and their tempers were frazzled. There's no triage there. I think someone could die sat waiting. They waited an hour and a half then were seen.
A big, dirty beaded security guard complete with motorcycle helmet that kept flashing his pay slip around. Apparently he earned 2 grand last month and had been inundated with women wanting to be his girlfriend. Personally 2 grand or no 2 grand he looked very unsavoury.
Plus a selection of extremely thin women who must have either lived on fags or coke, certainly not food.
I waited an hour again. It's ok if you actually don't feel ill, people watching is fascinating. The amount of people who congregate at a health centre.
The receptionists are distant and sit behind the glass window. Every other place I've ever been to is open and warm. This place is like some reception for prison visiting.
As we waited the people were talking about how slow the doctors were and what they thought they did in between patients... Had a cup of tea. A crafty fag, gossiping. It didn't help that one of them turned up behind the reception counter and they had a loud conversation about whose Cola Cubes were in the coffee room and how they were his favourite.
Someone came in I recognized from years ago. I ashamedly looked away and pretended I hadn't seen her. I realised that the gregarious Trin of 10 years ago seemed to be all but gone. Then I'd have called her over, found out what was going on in her life. Now I wasn't interested. Maybe I am more suited to a quiet country life now?
I was called in. I like the doctor. She had good news. My results were under 300. Still not brilliant but better, a lot better. I'm still tender. She decided that she wasn't going to refer me to hospital yet. She's waiting and seeing but I can't consider work until they are completely normal. It would stress me too much.
So more bloods next week and yet another week off work. I think I passed a long standing stone, I think it would have happened anyways but Spring is right, the day on Friday was long and stressful. It's left some sludge and crap in the tubes which have blocked off the liver artery slightly. Not fully, and it will resolve in time. Hopefully there are no more. If it happens again I will happily go in hospital. Please please hope there are no more. I'm too tired to go through this ever again.
I guess it's made me feel closer to Spring in many ways though. He's been so good and supportive. Kudos to him from Abby. That day I was so ill she couldn't believe he came and sat with me upstairs all night. He didn't leave my side once. Maybe her opinion of men will change over time as she sees what a good person he is.
I'm a bit down this week in general. I guess it's understandable. It never used to take a lot. Shows how so incredibly better I am now, that this all happened and I've still managed to keep my head straight.
Wish I'd seen that Stephen Fry programme though... Hope they repeat it.
Love you all. Send me love back. xxx

2 comments:

Donna said...

I've got the second part of the Stephen Fry programme on Sky+. when I get round to watching it I'll put it on video for you if you like (do you still have a vcr?). I thought of you as I watched the first part!!

Glad you're feeling a bit better xx

Anonymous said...

I'd send you a Cake, but it would probably arrive looking more like porridge with sprinkles after the journey ;)