Sunday, September 17, 2006

a landrover adventure


On Friday we had a landrover adventure. A 9 1/2 round trip to Colchester (well Kelveston) starting with a bus, two trains and 2 tubes. We went to collect Spring's eBay won Landrover from this obsessed guy called Rob who really didn't want to give it up and spent 1/2 hour singing it's praises and lovingly stroking the paintwork. I bloody hope Spring doesn't end up like that. Here he is with his new (lol) Landrover in some services.

The journey back wasn't the most comfort I've ever had but it was ok. The worst bit was his use of the gears, a very odd gear box. And the sun-visor fell half off obstructing his view and he had to hold it for several miles until we could stop.

Plus of course the evil M25. The way we went was ok... Not too many stops or queues but clockwise was stuffed. Hundreds of cars and lorries stood completely still. I couldn't live in London. I kept thinking that bloody tyre on the engine was going to flip off any minute. But it never.

The sunset on the M4 near Bath. About 20.30 and still tons of traffic. Where were all these people actually going?
We got back about 9pm. I got in my car and got the girls some chips. Poor loves can't cope without me.
We went to bed about midnight and I was awoken at 01.30 with this extreme pain.I knew what it was immediately. Gallstones. Yes, I am aware I had my gallbladder removed 4 years ago, But the bastards never flushed out the common bile duct which often houses all those stones.
After several very painful episodes and one stone which lodged in my liver entrance making me go yellow, they stuffed a camera down my throat and sliced the duct open to allow the stones to pass easily. Right, that was the theory. That night I passed a stone in hospital and I thought I was dying. I think they did too. They crash called the doctor and rushed me to x-ray.
After that I passed several small ones, the last being 3 years ago when Marie thought I was dying. She said I was grey.
Then nothing. And I assumed it was finally over.
I really am pissed with those doctors. If I was so inclined I would sue them... But oh well. Friday night was awful. I vomited every 15 minutes, violently until in the end I couldn't even sit up anymore. Poor Spring saw me at my absolute worse. The pain shifted after 3 hours into my liver area. I used to take morphine for the pain... Didn't have any of course.
I was ill all Saturday finally pulling myself together to help Spring to a disco for my bestest mate Marie in the evening. But I was ill. I still have a temperature now. I don't think infection but inflammation.
I'd so been looking forward to that party. The party was fun, I was a bit emotional seeing some old friends and especially their kids, all grown up, that I hadn't seen for ages. I was too ill to take Pix but hopefully Spring has some for me.
Tonight I ache for England. My ribs, when I breath, my tummy, my back.... Every bloody thing.
Spring still seems to love me despite seeing me throw up over and over. Must be good.
Oh yes.... Danz had a hair appointment at 11 am in town on Saturday. I couldn't take her obviously so her big sister got up, caught the bus into town together. Had Danz's hair done then brought her lunch in Subway. I was so pleased with both of them. They said it was fun. They can be so damned good sometimes.
Thanks for looking after me this weekend Spring, Abby and Danz and I loves you millions Marie.
xxx

2 comments:

clarrie said...

poor you, gallstone pain is hell xxx

Stephen said...

Ow Ow Ow! I passed a kidney-stone and passed out from the pain.

Poor you.

Nice Landy, mind.