Saturday, September 09, 2006

move along nothing to see here.....


Work was full on yesterday. By the end I thought my head was going to explode. I like being useful but so many people asked me where stuff was kept and could I just do this one thing for them.... Then we have this brand new senior doctor who was trying to get us to give a baby 5 mls of a salty drink every five minutes for four hours. Ummm you do not tell paediatric nurses what to do with sick kids. We work as a team and a hefty part of kids nursing is flexibility and common sense. What works for one may not work for another. To enforce such a strict regime is ridiculous. Then we had an aggressive couple of visitors to contend with that took ages to calm down. You wouldn't imagine people being violent in a kids ward would you?
Anyways forget work. Next week should be interesting, new windows all round Monday (fuck) New Kitten Tuesday and New (old) Landrover Friday..... Driven half way across the country to Bristol.
I've had loads of calls from people wanting money off me recently. I can't understand why people don't seem to know yet. The one this morning was really rude as well. Idiot. Nothing I can do about it. One last night asked me for my mobile phone number for their records... records? I refused of course.
Now it's Saturday. Spring's coming over tonight. We're going to practise our DJ set again. Move over Tim Westwood. ;)

No comments: