Monday, September 18, 2006

home again

Now I kinda knew I wasn't well enough to go to work today... But after taking last Monday off I thought today was taking the piss. So in I went. It took an hour and 15 Image Hosted by ImageShack.usminutes and most of that was getting out of South Bristol. Bloody ridiculous. There was even a slow moving tractor holding up rush hour traffic at 9am. I'm sorry but that shouldn't be allowed.
I got in and they sent me home.... Made me make an emergency appointment to see the doctor and took bloods.
So home I went back through the traffic and got to the doctors at 11 am. Where I sat with the unwashed masses for another hour and a quarter. Everyone else had been sat there for ever too. There was a mass undertone of disconcertion. Everyone one by one went up to the receptionist to complain. TBH this health centre is the worst I have ever been to. No one cares that you wait hours. The receptionists are insipid and miserable. The treatment room has a big note on the door. NHS ZERO TOLERANCE. Hmmm zero tolerance for what? Decent care? The expectation that you'll actually be treated like a human being. I asked the doctor once why it seemed the receptionist was so rude. He said they had a lot to contend with. A lot of people round here are druggies etc. I was appalled at this attitude.
The woman opposite me looked like the Argos 'Elizabeth Duke' catalogue. I have never seen so much gold. From every possible place, arms, ankles, ears.... At least 7 earrings in each ear. A gold sovereign ring on each finger and thumb. She said she'd waited 2 hours last week and all they gave her was anti sickness pills. Not sure what she actually wanted? The 'magic' antibiotic?
Anyways I finally got in. She thinks I have cholangitis rather than gall stones. I have to have a scan, more bloods and the week off work. I cried at that. I'm sure they'll sack me one of these days. And some enormous antibiotics... Ha! I got the 'magic' pills.
So here I am. More blogging time I guess.

No comments: