Sunday, April 01, 2007

weekend end


Well I got the job. Weird really, I knew I'd get it. But I only wanted it because it was the best option out of those available. Really I didn't want to change at all. I've worked a long time in that place and worked hard into building up into something really special. But no point raking over old bitterness. Friday came, my last day and then it was over. No tears or emotion. Just a desire to get the fuck out of there and be done with it. I was tired, but I recognised it was an emotional tiredness.
It hasn't helped a lot that my colleague who got the job with me was having many second thoughts at the massive impact of a job without the support of all the others. TBH I will miss the rest. They've been my friends for decades but I'd been thinking for ages that I really should move on. Was never sure who'd take me with my tainted history... but this has happened... so be it.
But I'm dreading it. The stress of a first day somewhere.... yeuk.
I got to work a long day Monday and Tuesday then I'm off for a week. Can't bloody wait.
Anyways this is Danz, Tom and Shannie cleaning Steve's filthy car. They're all in the schools Bugsy Malone production. Singing car cleaners. BTW They charged us lol

No comments: