Monday, April 16, 2007

low down

How I hate outpatients. I've got today and tomorrow off then I'm in for three days and I'm already laying awake in the night fretting about it.
I went out Thursday night with the ex girls from work to a harbour side pub in Bristol. It was so nice to see them all again but opened up the wound of hurt that I missed them all so much. I could sit and cry really. Steve says I've been a bit snappy and sad lately. I hadn't realised how much had spilt over to home.
Maybe the best way to deal with it is with humour because really they are all quite pathetic. If thy think that in any way or form THAT is nursing? And to get into such a tizz over it... well it's really stupid. I did meet one really nice and friendly health care assistant last week that actually took the time to ask about me, wanted to get to know me and was laughing and happy. BUT the big problem is that it seems I took her job. She used to do the kids clinics on a Wednesday, now she has to move departments or move days. Made me feel a bit sad and a bit unwanted.
Seems the real Trin can't shine through yet...and will she ever?
Friday I spent doing Outpatients at Frenchay. I'd been warned by the other lot that it was pokey, old fashioned and the staff were a bit edgy. I was worried.... could it be any worse than my usual hospital?
Actually I liked it. I was left in charge, It was light and airy and the staff were all really kind and left me alone, but helpful when I needed some stuff to take blood. Think I'll like it there, wish I was there more really.
It was Wulf's birthday party yesterday at the coach in the train station. It was hard work but fun. His mother was there...... strange woman with her 20 year older than her husband (who was quite pleasant) It was odd serving food to them.
I think I need a holiday. Somewhere right away from all of this. Problem with holidays is you have to come back eventually. Do I sound a bit low?

No comments: