Tuesday, January 02, 2007

happy new year my lovelies



Hmmmm. Life takes over. Blog left to sleep.
So how was Christmas? It was brilliant. The best for ever. But I'm still glad it's bleeding over. No more worry about money gifts food and family.
Christmas day on the farm with my sister and her step kids over from Australia. Sad they have to go back. Then me and Spring came home and opened a bottle of champagne and there lieth Christmas Day because I woke up when Godzilla was dead.
The kids loved the gifts. I was relieved. Next year I won't fret so much. You're right you know. It's not the gifts but the thought and love involved.
Danz had Ice Skates for Christmas from my sister so down we all went to the ice rink.
Spring said I HAD to skate. One look at the mania on the frozen water and I said no way. He skates OK though. Turns out Abby can do it quite well. Danz was like a cripple. I was cold. They all want to go again. Hmmmm.
I worked every day between Christmas and New Year. It was vile. Busy, everyone off sick, no love or happiness just work, sick kids and hard work. I was glad to finish Friday for New year.
The New Years Eve Gig was BRILLIANT. We got to do what we love and get paid.... good money. It was at the Bath Arms in Wiltshire. The pub was beautiful, all chandeliers and paintings and soft furnishings. Midnight came and I was intending on counting down to 12.... but we couldn't find a clock that was accurate so with the talking clock on the mobile we hit it full force. An hour of 70's disco. Abba, Bobby Brown and Chic. Hilariously good.
Yesterday we had a family meal. All 5 of us with Christmassy dinner. I set the pudding alight with Brandy and almost the whole house.... I didn't realise heating it up would make the spirit flame..... and we had crackers with a party game. You had to describe some celebrity. Abby's was a black singer from the 60's. Yep you guessed it. John Lennon.
Help........


Spring ready for the triple with pike

No comments: