Friday, December 22, 2006

eventful night

Heidi had her surgery yesterday. I dropped her off at 8am and went on to work. 5 cats on and I still hate it and want to cry when I leave them. They rang me at 11 am and said she was fine and I could collect her at 1. Guiltily I had to say it would be 3. Work was busy. Pre-Christmas rush. Buy one get one free disease.
I collected her eagerly. She had one of those collars on. She'd been biting her stitches. She hates collars and was going crazy. On the way home I nearly ran over a cat who ran in front of the car. I did an emergency stop and the cat box flew off the front seat and. I did cry. Poor baby, just had surgery and I couldn't keep her safe and pain free.
I got home and my parents were here, picking up the girls for the Pantomime. They drove off and suddenly reappeared 5 minutes later with Danielle hysterically crying.
They'd got to the end of the road and been surrounded by a gang of kids with sticks whacking the car. My dad being hot tempered had chased them with the car and as they turned a corner a bigger gang was waiting with concrete blocks and stones and pelted the car. It was dented.
So we had a police visit (the most good looking cops you have ever seen).
Later Spring came over. All was OK. We were watching Heidi who took off her collar numerous times. I heard a loud bang outside. Some kids had kicked our bin over. There was rubbish everywhere. I picked it up and went back in. Then another crash and several small beer bottles thrown at the house. Glass everywhere and over his car.
So Spring sat outside looking menacing for ages in the freezing cold.
He said it hasn't put him off living here. Glad he was here though. Scary to be alone with that going on.
Little bastards.I don't think Santa will be visiting them anytime soon.
Oh one bit of good news... we got a New Years Eve gig at the Bath Arms in Longleat. Getting paid to party. Can't be bad.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

and it´s a bitter sweet symphony thats life yeah, your a slave to the money and then you die yeah,
can´t change that ,wont chhange that cause im here in my mode and iam here in my mode and im a million different people from one day to next oh no nono

Anonymous said...

Never thought I'd see a day when Orwell's nightmare future had attractive atributes. We need proper, effective policing now. That's NOT something I blame the police for... as always... as in many government places... the people on the ground are the stars... it's the inept managers and financial constraints that cripple the remedies before they mature. (Ain't that right nursey?)
Thugs and hoodlums on the street? Vandalism, intimidation, violence, threats...

...what a time. :-(

Glad Heidi's doing ok though.
and... Ho Ho Hiedi Ho and Merry Christmas to you all.
*hugs*