Tuesday, December 19, 2006

Busy Old December

Time to blog? Well my mate rang me today and said that there's time to do stuff or blog. I guess he's right. Last year I had time to sit and write but this year is way packed. Tonight I did some housework and was thinking about how much easier last year was. But would I like to return to it... No bloody way. I'm way happier and my life is full. So much has changed not just for me but the girls too. I hope they're ok with it. They seem to be. They always say that what makes me happy makes them happy. Maybe they know best. Years of seeing me at rock bottom and now there's someone else in our lives to share it all with and it's good.
Christmas is hard. I have zero money. No borrowing, no Christmas debt. Just have what I have and that's that.
I have a small carrier bag with wrapped presents for each of the girls. Last year they had loads. They have one 'big gift' and some small ones. Hope it's ok.

Saturday we went to Littlehampton to see Spring's parents. My first trip as a future relative in law.
We asked Springs niece to be a bridesmaid when the time comes. I love making people happy and she was thrilled.
I drove some of the way. Spring was horrified at my ton on the M27. Oh dear, when I get behind that wheel.....

Littlehampton front on December 16th 2006. All quiet and cold.

On the way back we stopped at the motorway services. This is the ladies loos. Christmas hits the services!

Today is my first real day off in ages. We walked to Symes Avenue. Half of it is demolished. The dust and rubble was awful. You simply can't shop there anymore. I've no idea how people without cars are coping. Well maybe it'll be nice when it's finished?

Note the half building with the wallpaper in the background. Kids paper. Someone used to live in these buildings. Poor souls.

The old chip shop on the corner.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

People make Christmas not presents. Little nippers have trouble understanding that but fortunately... you've brought up two bright, wonderful, caring girls who know that.
And yeah... you being happier this year than last is the best present your girls, or any of us, could really want. :-)
Merry Christmas
and... oh yeah...
Ho ho ho.
;-)

Anonymous said...

i see hartcliffes looking better already!keep posting the pics.
happy christmas