Wednesday, December 13, 2006

deep joy for the festive season

The lack of the Dell is really beginning to piss me off. This is the first time I've been able to use the PC in days and SHE has just got up come down and demanded the computer. She's going to college.... Why use it now? The repairers have had it 8 days now. There's nothing wrong with it but the actually lead is dodgy. It needs anew plug thing on the end that goes into the PC. But he's busy and can't do it yet. If it's not done by tomorrow I'm taking it elsewhere. Ridiculous.
I'm no where near ready for Christmas. I took Danz shopping last night. We came back empty handed. Useless. I have no idea what to get people. I haven't much money and token stuff is so hard to get. Oh well, guess it'll be ok.
The weekend was ok but hard work. Two full days of Santa and 80 kids. We had 2 complaints that they didn't like the gifts. One child got the wrong present. He was 11 and got a colouring book... It wasn't meant to be that. And one woman said her kids hated train stuff and wants a refund. Guess you can't please them all but if you don't like trains don't come see Santa in a train station!

The girls worked really hard. They both dressed up. Abby in a red Santa dress creation and Danz as a Christmas tree.

And my Spring in his Reindeer suit. His antlers broke the trimmings in the catering coach and I was not amused. He was charging a pound for a photo. I told him to get lost. I was his betrothed... Blood cheek.

Yesterday he took me to his Christmas lunch with the rail gang. Hmmm. It included a ride on a 'train' and an hour slide show on steam engines with the guy who collects waistcoats....

This is the 'train' they all loved it. I was freezing. I find it hard to enjoy anything when I'm slowly dying of frost bite. Dinner was nice and we skipped the slide show for fear I'd pass away of boredom. On the way out we came across a hunt. Spring yelled abuse at them as we passed. Interesting day!

No comments: