Thursday, February 15, 2007

tale of a ring

Spring wanted a ring... a commitment ring. We decided it should be white gold like mine. Plain.... or maybe Celtic... just not like the horrible men's signet rings everyone sells. So we headed to Glastonbury to buy one.
Glastonbury was wet. Full of strange old people in carpet coats and beards with nests in them. But no rings. We searched everywhere. Meanwhile I discovered I'd taken out too much money from the bank and had a direct debit going out the day after...so we set off to find a bank in Wells to pay some money in.
Wells had a few jewellers. We tried them all. We looked at every single tray of men's rings. And tbh most of them were hideous.
I only really had 50 quid to spend. Some of those monstrosities were 400 or more. We gave up. We walked dejectedly back to the car park. We walked past the very last shop. It was a girlie crystal shop with aromatherapy stuff and crystals. In the window was one revolving stand made of glass and as it spun I spotted a single plain ring. The tiny label said white gold 75 pounds.
Hmm, I thought. What's the chance it will be his size. I went in... the ring was a one off. One ring one size. The girl got it out. It looked tiny. But he tried it on and it fitted perfectly. Unbelievable. Then I went to pay and they said it was a one off 30% off day.It cost me 51 pounds.
Can you believe it? The right size, gold, price?
Believe in fate? Or maybe a little pagan magic?
I do.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Sometimes.....
...... just sometimes :-)

*hugs*