Monday, January 31, 2005

Top song of the last 25 years

BBC- Brit Awards:

"Love Will Tear Us Apart - Joy Division
Angels - Robbie Williams
We Are The Champions - Queen
Wuthering Heights - Kate Bush
Leave Right Now - Will Young "

Who the feck lets the public vote for this stuff? I cannot believe this awful list. For a start Will Young? A Pop Idol winner? I believe he didn't even write that? and Kate Bush and Robbie?? WTF?
The list that didn't make the final 'great' five is slightly better but the only ones worthy of being there are Oasis, Coldplay, Bowie and The Clash.
Even then Heroes isn't Bowie most magnificent.
The clear outright winner there Is The Clash. London's Calling. The Clash's influence throughout the last 25 years has inspired vision and musical evolution.
Is there another song you can say that about? Certainly not fucking Will Young.
Ok You lot out there. You tell me to listen to Radio Two more. But if this is what their viewers vote for? Then no thanks mates. I'll stick with a mix of Radio One and some local Radio...At least that tells me where the traffic jams are. So much more useful than that mumbly old hair piece, Terry Wogan.

1 comment:

David said...

I agree with your comments about the top 5 its shit
Only Joy Division deserve to be there.How can you vote for someone who doesn't write their own music ??

Terry Wogan ????? I thought he was dead !!