Tuesday, January 25, 2005

I am cross

I took Bailey to the vets. I know I'm an obsessed cat fanatic but I knew she wasn't right. The vet said she'd see her as a matter of urgency at 2.20pm. I had hell trying to get her into the cat box. After laying down like a dead thing all day she found enough fight to give me hell.
I arrived at the vets and sat down. The vet was full of loud dogs. Bailey was shaking so much her box shook. I waited half an hour then asked how much longer. I made a bit of a fuss...But it didn't do much good.
Finally the vet called us. She dragged her out of the box and looked. Took her temperature. Yep Bailey is poorly. High temperature and abnormally tender. Even her legs wouldn't move. She wanted to keep her in over night but I couldn't allow it. I just can't be parted from her when she's ill like that.
So she had three jabs and has to come back tomorrow for further anti-biotics. Then the shock. I had to PAY? WTF? They gave her the bloody post-op infection. Surely all that should be covered by the umbrella of the Operation fee? Money grabbing bastards. Plus I'll have to pay again tomorrow.
The receptionists also kept me waiting with a sick cat , shaking and scared to death of all those strange smells and barky dogs whilst they had a little chat about some crap or another. I hate receptionists. But there again you lot already know that. ;-)

No comments: