Monday, August 15, 2005

Poorly sick on two chairs

My friend used to tell me her daughter would say she was 'poorly sick on 2 chairs' when she was little and ill. Her mum used to push the two armchairs together for her to lay on in the kitchen.
I'm very unwell. I just about made it to the doctors. I have a new doctor. My grumpy old git Dr has left to travel the world. I got a new one Dr Goulden. It was her first day and I was her first patient. She was just perfect. Just what I needed this morning. She was kind and she listened and she sat close to me and spoke gently and took charge. She got me a Gynae referral, she gave me 2 weeks off sick. She did a mass of blood work. And we talked about stuff. I told her that I'd had really serious suicidal thoughts.
She did some more rare blood tests. No-one has ever checked a serum calcium, which can be low in Thyroid cases and cause numb fingers and pins and needles. She also did liver function tests. My blood protein always runs incredibly low. It would only take a bit of a knock to make me very ill.
She said I'm very low, run down. My mouth is full of huge angry ulcers, there must be at least ten in there. I've also got a temperature, though my tooth abcess is back and no appointments until end of September.
This morning everything was smooth at the doctors. The receptionists were lovely and friendly and helpful. The treatment room was efficient and kind. Plus I really did like my new doctor. I think I need her.
The weather was warm and bright and it was quiet walking down there. A struggle walking back mind. I told you, my body thinks it's nearer 70 yrs atm.
I came home and slept until about 2pm.
So this is all physical and not mental (makes a damn change) I do actually feel really poorly. I'm going to knock out of gear and coast along a bit for a while. See what happens.
xxx

No comments: