Sunday, April 23, 2006

hugging trees (title to make exaxis happy)

I'm a wimp I reckon. My next door neighbour who had a caesarian on Wednesday was up at 8am yesterday and walking round the shops with the baby. Bloody heck, two days after my dental surgery I was still laid in bed groaning. My mouth is still so sore. I swear that's not right. It's been 4 days now. I've taken so much brufen I'll get an ulcer next.
OK, Last night. Well I met my new friend in a pub in the country side.
I haven't driven that far in ages. I was a bit nervous (you know that stupid bastard, who road raged me the other day, really has made me nervous).
The drive was lovely though, all across Bath way and into the country side. I thought I got lost once but in fact it was just a renegade roundabout that threw me off. I was right on target. An achievement indeed.
He was waiting for me in the car park. Was I nervous? No, I don't think I get nervous like that anymore. Mind I had changed outfits several times because Abby said I was either too over-dressed or too revealing or too lacy or something. I gave up in the end and wore something I wear every day.
We didn't end up in the pub. We walked a short way into the country and found this bench thing and sat talking.
We talked for ages. He made me laugh. I tried not to open my mouth incase the HUGE gap jumped out scared him off.
He said I was pretty. I know I'm not. He had this half moon very old silver necklace on that was thousands of years old. He, rather romantically, said he never took it off. Then admitted he'd only bought it three weeks ago. I did laugh and will never let him forget it. Bless.
And ever so gradually I got closer and closer until we were hugging in the countryside under the English sky on a Saturday evening and it was beautiful.
Wonder if he'll want to see me again?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

:-)
it's not just the title that's made me happy. What great night.
*hugs*