Saturday, January 28, 2006

hi


Yesterday was a funny old day. Busy and demanding but I came away from work realising that I really do care. I care about these families with these little sick kids. I care with passion and the need to try very hard to make things right.
I couldn't work in an NHS environment where we do the bare minimum and never the human face. My unit has that human face and if it should ever change with our move to pastures anew in the next couple of years, then I shall have to ditch the profession and go work elsewhere.
I've kinda won a competition!
I entered this competition at the local Cineworld about my best friend. And I told them how selfless and simply lovely Collette was. They rang me to say I'd come second and they were sending me something in the post.
That was nice wasn't it? Something positive and warm and good out of a pretty crap week really.
I cried when Chantelle won BB last night. Bless her, what a little sweet ray of sunshine in an embittered old drag Queen house. Really sad it's all over. I like having it on the TV. I'm a BB addict. I did really want Preston to win though.
Oh and guess what? The Carphone Warehouse sent me a customer satisfaction survey to fill out. I don't quite think satisfaction was the right word somehow.

No comments: