Monday, December 12, 2005

scary me

the very garlic crusher they all want.....
Work the final frontier.There are the voyages of Trinity Enterprise. It's five year mission to explore sanity, seek men and boldly go where no web page has gone before.
Today was an ok day. Busy and hectic, but everyone was in a good mood and things were ok.
However! There's always a cloud on the horizon on Planet Trin.
I'm a bit upset. I don't really know whether I should be upset or just ignore it, but it seems the Doctors are scared of me.
I know a few times, they've said things in jest around me. But today one of them, one whose very confident and a bit abrupt at times, booked a patient into clinic on Thursday Morning. We don't do clinics on Thursday mornings and I sent my ward receptionist around to her to ask her not to do that in future.
She returned to report that the doctor had freaked "Sorry sorry" she exclaimed "For heaven sake don't tell Trinity, I'm scared of her"
Hmph. Me? Little old sweet natured kindly patient and lovely me?
At coffee...Well I had 5 minutes, I picked up a Sunday Paper Supplement with the top 50 things men want for Christmas in it.
Guess what number one was?? Come on... What do men REALLY want?
Yes, you're all quite correct. They all want a garlic Crusher.
And, I'm off to get you one for Christmas right now.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

They haven't experienced your driving by any chance?

Funny that, more than once people have told me the same thing. Also rude is a comment I have heard a few times. Yet I think I'm usually quite polite and friendly to people, provided they don't get up my nose.

When I was in simulation I had a trainee assigned to me, a mature lady from another department that had folded. I thought her first efforts were damn good considering her lack of experience in the field and thought I was being encouraging. Really dismayed to find out from somebody else she was frightened of telling me anything.

Oh to see ourselves as others etc etc.

Anonymous said...

I've sometimes had the opposite problem, being considered easygoing always proved troublesome as it made me first choice when anyone wanted a favour.
Swings 'n roundabouts.

Men want a Garlic crusher? I've got one, it's not exactly what I'd expect under the tree. I expect another cheese grater.

Anonymous said...

Mmmmm. Cheesegraters. Nobody ever talks about cheesegraters but