Sunday, October 09, 2005

If Dolls ruled the world...

Barbie does wool
I'm back from my mothers and still alive. I feel due to my excellent survival skills in the face of adversity.
We took Hollie with us, I know I should take better care of other peoples kids but you have to take risks in this world. Least I wasn't taking her to Grumblemag's home (his 6000th reader gets a prize today!)
At dinner she told my parents that she had a website now. My dad said "Oooh I always wanted a website... Can you get it on the Laptop as well as the big PC?"
To which Hollie began giggling loudly at the fact an adult hadn't a bleeding clue how the WWW works.
Anyways, I found an old Barbie there. She has a hand knitted nurses uniform on, which I felt obliged to share with you. WTF? Today's kids get Fibre optic clothes and we got hand knitted nurses outfits. She also has Big Hair. Big Hair was fashionable in the 80's. Nowadays kinks are not allowed. My 11 year old spends ages steaming her hair straight every morning.
My dad told me as I left that my wing mirror was illegal and I might be arrested. Why do old people do that? Overstate stuff... FFS the police round here got enough trouble catching the bleeders who steal the wheelie bins and set them alight on the green.
Yes, I am aware I'm doing 60....In the good old days, you got arrested for everything. I know, I watch Heartbeat.
What is it with those stupid 30 mile an hour road signs that light up a big orange *30*as you zoom past doing 60 mph... I often see the flash of light and think WTF was that... that could cause an accident you know.
Or, if I'm going slightly slower, I always feel the need to yell..
"Fuck You" at it.
Gets me a few stares if the window is open.

1 comment:

Donna said...

Glad I'm not the only one who tells the flashing 30 to fuck off.