Friday, September 17, 2004

Get Set For the Weekend Showing Out!

Work today was ok, actually nice for once. I was appalled at how rude Chris Moyles was to a competition winner on Radio One this morning. He's going to have to go. It took me an hour and 20 minutes to get to work in a normally 15 minute journey. I can't wait to move jobs and catch the bus to work at least I can relax there or people watch (wondering who had sex the night before, you know that kind of innocent past-time).

A mum brought a baby in to see us. He was with us a month ago, came in not feeding well but turned out he was really sick and nearly died. Spent a while in ICU. It was just lovely to see him and made me all emotional. His mum left me a thankyou note and it was just beautiful (plus fresh cream cakes !) You know sometimes I have the best job in the world. It's so critical, life and death. Children are so precious and makes me very humble and honoured that I'm allowed to care for them.
So I'm home hooray! I got guests coming in a few days so I need to do some serious, hide the crap under the beds, housework. I'm really looking forward to my weekend!

I got some wine and beer and two packets of those nice chocolate stackers. What more could we need?
Danz starts St John Ambulance tonight. Following in her mothers footsteps! (not) No doubt we will have practice arm slings and bandaging for a while.

No comments: