Thursday, August 03, 2006

super? man

We all went to see Superman last night at Cineword Bristol. The girls Spring and my rather reluctant self as I wasn't sure I'd like it, having never even liked the originals.
We arrived a little late for the 7pm showing but knowing the 20 to 25 minutes of sodding adverts before these things I wasn't too worried.
I asked for three adults and one child to see Superman Returns. I got two adults and 2 children. Oh well, I didn't argue. A quick visit for 4 enormous 'regular' cokes and a huge nose bag of popcorn for Spring and we went to go in. It was about 7.15. I gave in the tickets and he stopped me. The cinema wasn't cleaned yet?
Odd? For a 7 pm showing. He shrugged his shoulders. So we waited and finally they let us in. Screen 12. Well screen 12 had a huge Pirates of the Caribbean sign outside. I went in and asked the dozen teenagers inside what they were viewing. Pirates apparently. Hmm, I asked them if they were joking and they laughed. Someone came outside looked at the sign and said "Oh yeah Pirates of the Superman...."
I went back to the man. I'd been given the wrong tickets. The till guy had booked us into the 7.30 pirates showing. Our film was in screen 11.
With a lot of sighing and huffing we entered screen 11 as the film was about to start. Lucky.
Ummm not.
The film played the starting music and a sign came up. This film has been passed U suitable for all.
"Over the Hedge" began. The little squirrel thing trying to get crisps out of the machine.
Everyone laughed and someone went to get a cineword worker.
After 5 minutes the film stopped then there was another 10 minute delay while someone found the correct film.
Hopeless.
Then the film began. After 15 minutes I wondered if frankly I was going to be able to sit through the dull, humourless and lacklustre movie.
There were moments that held me, like the space shuttle bit. But "Yawn" I'd seen it all before. And the soppy Lois lane crap? And Superman having a frankly weedy little son? Played by a cute looking (Romeo Beckham lookalike) but incredibly wooden child actor was dross.
Superman was ugly and that ridiculous curl on his forehead didn't help.
Spring ate the most enormous bag of popcorn and revels. He was bored too. No trains anywhere in the film :P
It's Springs birthday on Sunday.A whole 50 years of being on this planet. Well his body has been anyways!!

1 comment:

Steve Sainsbury said...

There were trains in the film silly. Model ones ...