Friday, June 24, 2005

Post-natal Papa

BBC NEWS | Health | Father's blues can blight babies

Excuse me whilst I choke on my chocolate digestive and splutter over the keyboard. post-natally depressed fathers?
Pinches myself... No it's not April 1st.
Now I know dad's suffer from things like lack of sleep, attention, sex, and money after a new babe is born. But to call it post natal depression is a bit bloody OTT. Have their bodies changed? Have they got full boobs leaking everywhere? Do they find their bodies set to wake up to the slightest sound from the baby? Do they bleed like a stuffed pig for days, get after pains yet still have to carry on. No.
Even the most wonderful man would never say they'd gone through as much as the mother has.
Haaaaaa hysterically funny. So they're blaming this for poorly behaved kids in pre-school. It's called lack of discipline and control. I could lecture for ever on this subject.
So I'll go finish my highly nutricious breakfast.
/still laughing

No comments: