Wednesday, May 25, 2005

Coldplay ride again

I am an unashamed Coldplay Fan, though my great love affair is with the first album and there are some tracks in the second one that I still can't get into.
Image Hosted by ImageShack.usI first heard the new single in the car and I wasn't impressed...At all. It was too samey, sounded like classic Coldplay and was too jingly...Like some supermarket ditty.
It wasn't until the fourth hearing that I began to relax into the song and stop being a bit irritated that it wasn't spectacular like Clocks or The Scientist was. Then suddenly it hit like a ton of bricks and now it won't remove itself from my head at all. So I bought it from iTunes and now it plays all the time on my iPod.
Parachutes was a very important album to me. I seem to gauge important moments in my life with tracks. Yellow was played over and over. It was so fresh and inspired. But every single track makes me wistful when played and for a long time I couldn't play it because it made me sad but now it's like a comfy chair. It's really soothing...An old friend (Do I sound a bit obsessive with the music?) Takes me back to the good old days of Agent Ultra... (don't even try to work that one out)
I was such a brave and confident person then. A brave Leo. (just a reminder my birthday is drawing near)
Anyways... 'Speed of Sound' is a brilliant track. Full of energy and life and FFS go buy it now and kick the frog off his bike.

How long before I get in?
Before it starts, before I begin?
How long before you decide?
Before I know what it feels like?
Where To, where do I go?
If you never try, then you'll never know.
How long do I have to climb,
Up on the side of this mountain of mine?

A song for Trin. I need the speed of Sound. I love music.

No comments: