Sunday, July 25, 2004

Sunday Chart Chat with Trin

There was a time when I used to look forward to Sundays and the music charts. But just lately it's been full of such crap its hard to muster up energy to even look.
However I was pleased today to see the utterly fantastic 'Dry your eyes' sitting proudly at the number one position. I noticed this song months ago and posted about it on PK. Its gorgeous and for anyone who ever has been dumped, well you're going to know exactly what he's talking about. I have the Streets new album and it's excellent and is also quite rightly number one in the album charts.
I don't care about the singles charts. Who buys singles? I don't. Rich Teens..too much pocket money!
The album charts however reflect more of what the average person is buying. And this is pleasing.

1 (2)  A GRAND DON'T COME FOR FREE    Excellent. Mike Skinner is inspired
STREETS 
2 (1)  SCISSOR SISTERS   Laura is one of my fav songs this year, my next buy
SCISSOR SISTERS
3 (5)  HOPES AND FEARS  I have this, its Lush. Piano vs Guitar! 
KEANE 
4 (4)  CONFESSIONS   Oh he's clever but RnB not my scene unless drunk
USHER
5 (6)  FINAL STRAW   very special to me  
SNOW PATROL 
6 (3)  ROOM ON THE 3RD FLOOR     Someone get me a can of Raid
MCFLY 
7 ( )   TYRANNOSAURUS HIVES     Love the suits, love the beat, love the audacity 
8 (8)  O  DAMIEN RICE  .Classic,sublime and mesmeric 
9 (15)  UNDER MY SKIN  A few screechy moments but mostly very nice
AVRIL LAVIGNE 
10 (9)   SPEAKERBOXXX/THE LOVE BELOW I love Outkast did you know 'They are for real?' 
  
  
 



No comments: